Director of Pupil Personnel/Safety Coordinator
The mission of the Todd County School system is Teaching, Caring, and Serving: Teaching all students from a rigorous and aligned curriculum; Caring by building positive mentoring relationships with all students; Serving by using varied, research-based instructional strategies that make learning relevant to the needs of our students and the community. Our goals are fairly simple: To prepare our students to be successful at the next level whether that be the next grade, college, a career, or the military and to set high expectations for academic excellence as well as behavior. We understand the many challenges students face today. However, student achievement must be sustainable, consistent and demonstrated by all students. Although the collective work of all members of our school community has given us great reason to celebrate, we remain committed to working diligently until every student has learned to the best of his or her potential.
The primary goal of the Director of Pupil Personnel is to create pathways to student success and remove barriers that may exist. We know that all students will be successful when provided the proper support. With the support services we currently have in place it is our mission to accomplish the following things:
- Increase communication between the schools and the families we serve
- Help students and their families access the resources they need in order to succeed at a high level
- Improve student attendance
- Provide positive behavior supports for students in a consistent manner from the time they enter our school district to the time they leave our school district.
- Give students and their families the information they need in order to live a healthier life
- Help students make good decisions that will contribute to their overall health and wellness
- Create safe, caring, and nurturing environment
Todd County Court of Justice
204 W. Main St., P.O. Box 337
Elkton, Kentucky 42220
New to Todd County School District?
- Homestead Exemption Card – reflecting Homestead Exemption within Todd County (considered family’s primary residence)
- Property Tax Notice (may require additional verification)
- Home Purchase Contract in Todd County specified closing date, with a copy of the deed to be provided within sixty (60) days of closing date
- Copy of a Manifestation of Domicile filed by the parent (obtained at the Todd County Courthouse/the Clerk of Courts Office)
- A current rental or lease agreement
- A current statement documenting government assistance.
- A current Kentucky driver license
- Automobile insurance (last two (2) statements)
- A current electric billing statement with the portion showing name and service address
- A current water bill, cable bill, or landline phone bill (last two (2) statements)
- A notarized letter from the person they are living with stating that the parent and child live there and notarized confirmation from parent(s) that they, in fact, live with such person
- Two (2) proofs of address from person who wrote the letter to establish that they live in the school zone;
- Two (2) proofs of address from the parent to verify that they live at the address.
- A notarized Power of Attorney that includes the following information must be submitted to the Department of Pupil Personnel by the school or parent for review prior to enrollment:
- Relationship of guardian to child;
- States that guardian will be responsible for the child’s educational needs;
- Length of temporary guardianship.
- Guardian must sign District Code of Acceptable Behavior Form
- Parent or guardian must provide evidence of pursuit of legal custody through the courts to the school within ninety (90) days;
- Department of Pupil Personnel will follow-up with District letter to parent/guardian and school as needed.